I little story before I get right to the easy spicy roasted cauliflower recipe.
Before I moved to the Midwest and became a restaurant owner, and mystery writer, I worked in the produce industry. My job as a broker was to purchase vegetables and arrange shipping for a grocery store chain on the east coast. I lived in California at the time. Working with the shippers, I knew cauliflower had to be cooled before it could be shipped. Cauliflower took from 5-8 hours to cool before it could be loaded. Impatient truck drivers would check back every hour, even though they’d been told a minimum of five hours. I felt bad for them. We bought and sold full truckloads of cauliflower. And working in the industry, I had access to the freshest vegetables around. It was a fun job.
As for cooking cauliflower; it’s come a long way from its humble days when I was buying and shipping it. Here is a recipe I love, because it’s so dang easy.
This is a perfect keto friendly, low carb roasted cauliflower side dish for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Just toss it all together and pop it in the oven for a flavorful side that pairs well with everything from poultry to beef and pork roasts.
5 minPrep Time
27 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 1 large head cauliflower, rinsed, dried, and separated into florets
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 450˚F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cauliflower florets, olive oil, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread seasoned cauliflower on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes at 450˚F, stirring once to ensure cauliflower cooks evenly.
- Remove from oven and set the broiler to high. Evenly sprinkle cauliflower with ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and place under the broiler until golden brown (approximately 2 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Fat 65% Protein 23% Carbs 12%