Oh yeah, let’s get a little sweat going, then take some time for jalapeno cucumber lemonade. This lemonade can give you a zing, or a kick in the pants, depending on how spicy you like life. We think it tastes great with a little something extra if there’s a party for adults only.
Lemonade may be a summertime favorite, but in many parts of the world, it stay hot long after summer ends. So I say lemonade for everyone. At least until it starts to snow.
A hint of heat adds an unexpected twist to this refreshing summertime favorite. With jalapeno cucumber lemonade, the key to striking the right balance with recipe is to start with small amounts of jalapeno and gradually add more until you find just the right level of spice to suit your tastes. It’s a lot easier to add more than it is to adjust everything else to compensate for too much heat.
This recipe is great on its own or mixed with vodka or tequila for an adults-only treat.
Another great way to enjoy this treat is to make ice cubes from it and add it to lemonade. Always nice to add a kick and not water down your lemonade with melting ice.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 3 c. water
- ¾ c. fresh lemon juice (6-8 medium lemons)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 t. jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely minced
- Stevia to taste
- Optional Garnishes:
- Rosemary sprigs with lower leaves removed
- Cucumber chunks or slices
- Jalapeno chunks or slices
- Lemon wedges
- Add water, lemon juice, cucumber, jalapeno and a few drops of Stevia to a blender and blend until completely liquefied. Taste and add more jalapeno and/or Stevia, if desired. Blend again if necessary.
- Pour liquid through a fine mesh strainer to remove any larger particles and transfer mixture to a large pitcher. Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, pour over ice and garnish with slices of lemon, cucumber, and/or jalapeno. For a fancier presentation, thread chunks of cucumber and jalapeno onto sprigs of rosemary to garnish each glass.
For a less spicy drink, remove the seeds, veins and pith. Be sure to wear food service gloves when handling jalapeno peppers.