What? A low carb keto recipe that isn’t chicken or beef? Jumbo shrimp is a favorite in our house. We found out the virtues of seafood while losing a collective 90 pounds eating in the keto lifestyle. Shrimp and crab were our favorite indulgences. The nice thing about shrimp is you can find peel and eat or peeled shrimp at any grocery store these days. If you have access to fresh shrimp, that’s even better. Super quick and easy, we think you’ll put this recipe in your saved top recipes.
It doesn’t get much easier than this! This versatile main course goes from refrigerator to dinner table in less than 15 minutes. The classic flavors of this dish go with just about any side dish you choose. In addition to the serving suggestions noted here, it also makes a delicious low carb entree when paired with steamed vegetables or a green side salad.
5 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1 T. garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb. Jumbo shrimp (10/15 ct.), peeled, deveined, and tail removed
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 1 T. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp starts to turn pink.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and ground cumin to the skillet and stir to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and remove from heat.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over a bed of cooked quinoa, brown rice, or your favorite gluten-free pasta. Drizzle some pan juices over each serving and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Fat 47% Protein 47% Carbs 6%